Modern Slavery Statement
H&G Recruitment Solutions Ltd operates, solely within the UK, a network of branch and onsite locations. The focus of the business is to provide sustainable temporary, interim and permanent staffing solutions to the Transport and Logistics sector via engaging with the industries leading companies. The purpose of the statement is to detail how the business proactively works towards diminishing slavery and trafficking within the recruitment sector.
We undertake it as our duty to ensure we do not engage with clients or suppliers who do not follow an ethical practice and actively take steps towards eliminating Trafficking and Slavery.
We undertake it as our duty to ensure that our own practices fall in line with our Ethical Trade Policy and proactively ensure that no Trafficking or Slavery is conducted within our network.
We commit to ensuring that:
No committal of slavery or trafficking occur and where suspected instances of slavery or trafficking are identified team members are encouraged to notify the HR department
- The company recruitment process is adhered to and each team member takes responsibility to maintain compliance. This includes but it not limited to
- Only engaging with an individual as an employee or contractor
- Completing the required compliance check of right to work in the UK
- Ensuring the individual has access to their passport or relevant travel documents
- Ensuring the individual has their own bank account and proof there of
- Our whistle-blowing policy is maintained so that all employees know they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business, without fear of reprisals
- Quarterly and spot-check audits are conducted to safeguard compliance and ensure that all processes are being adhered to
- Our staff are trained on awareness of slavery and trafficking to be able to identify potential victims and to take action to prevent further mistreatment of the individual in question
This statement is also made in compliance with The Modern Slavery Act 2015 section 54, Employment Law, and our Ethical Trade and Corporate Social Responsibility policies. All policies and statements are reviewed annually by the board and compliance is assessed monthly by the support services team to ensure due diligence at all times. This is controlled by the Managing Director.