- Full Time
- Milton Keynes
- Recruiter: H&G Recruitment
- Date Posted: 2022-07-15
- Date Expired: 2022-09-13
Job Reference: SRHoTMJul
Our expanding client is recruiting an experienced Transport Manager to join their team.
The Transport Manager will provide excellent standards of customer service, efficiency and performance and ensure full compliance with Drivers Hours Laws through planning and management of drivers.
Main purpose of the job:
- To develop, lead and motivate the transport team
- To ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Ensure full compliance with the company’s O Licence conditions and undertakings.
Is experienced in the use of the DVSA VOL & OCRS systems.
- Providing excellent standards of customer service, efficiency and performance
- To assist in growing the transport division
- To ensure the requirements for all transport based external accreditations are met
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance with Drivers Hours Laws through planning and management of drivers (working in conjunction with the Operations and Scheduling Team).
- Develop the culture, effectiveness, competitiveness, efficiency and excellence of the Transport department.
- Lead FORS compliance and development towards the Silver Standard.
- Use of Tachomaster analysis software to fully record Drivers Hours, Manual entries and Working Time Directive Hours for HGV drivers. Deal with “infringements” as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with external authorities (e.g., DVSA)
- Manage the Transport Department in line with KPIs set by the senior management team.
- Undertake Company “Driving for Work” Inductions
- Upkeep of O Licence via DVSA website and correspondence with The Office of Traffic commissioner
- Ensure effective training is provided for Drivers – DCPC, TFL, driving standards etc.
- Be available for ‘out of hours’ communication where the need arises
- Undertake formal investigation of each RTA and other “damage” incidents involving HOBAN vehicles, including interview with the drivers. Initiate disciplinary procedures where relevant.
- Work alongside and provide absence cover for other members of the transport team.
- Ensure compliance with daily Routing requirements, taxation and registration requirements for vehicles, PCN administration, tracker analysis, toll requirements.
- Conduct investigations to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Undertake general admin within the Transport department – Answering phones and queries etc.
- Provide updates and reports and deliver at monthly senior team meetings
- Carry out other duties that management may reasonably require you to undertake that are not specifically listed above
Preferred experience working in the bulk waste distribution industry.
Knowledge of bulk waste movements
Extensive knowledge of Tachograph laws and regulations
An understanding of FORS and their standards
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 2+ years practical experience in a transport manager role
- Experience of building & managing a team
- Must hold at least a national Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Extensive experience in the transport industry, ideally within the bulk waste loader sectors.
- Desired skill range, Confident with Microsoft office programs, experience of job planning and using various software packages
- To hold or have held a C+E licence would be an advantage (the role does not require any Driving)
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Proactive, confident and driven
- Well organised and self-motivated.
- A team player willing to coach and develop our colleagues
For further information please contact Samantha Rowney (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out about our prestigious client and how you can apply for a career with national leading client.
Please send your CV in the first instance, this an opportunity not to be missed.
The closing date for this position is the 1st August 2022