- Full Time
- Recruiter: H&G Recruitment
- Date Posted: 2022-06-22
- Date Expired: 2022-07-22
Job Reference: NBCoTTMJun
TRANSPORT TEAM MANAGER
An opportunity has arisen for a Transport Team Manager to join the Transport team at our clients site in Wellingborough. Reporting to the Transport Shift Manager, the overall purpose of the role is to utilise driver resources and manage performance whilst on shift. A key part of the role is ensuring a smooth and efficient transport operation that completes all deliveries on time, in full, whilst doing so ensuring legal compliance to all relevant Transport functions such as fleet, driver regulations and H&S.
Shift Pattern: 3 on 3 off – 12hour shifts.
Our client is happy to be flexible with the successful candidates start time, as long as they start between 04:00 – 07:00 (12-hour shift)
• Ensure Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work are adhered to within the Transport Department and all areas associated with delivering to the customer through the timely and accurate reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses.
• Maintain and further develop a high level of teamwork and morale within the Department
• Build rapport, trust and respect from the drivers and other internal customers
• Deliver customer requirements and deadlines
• Motivate, develop and manage a team of support staff and full time and agency drivers to ensure that all Site and customer objectives are achieved
• Deliver a daily plan of approx. 115 loads per day
• Oversee the management of a team of drivers on infringements, telematics and departure on time.
• Manage any disciplinary/absence related matters in line with Company procedures
• Ensure legal compliance is adhered to within the Transport Department so that any audits, whether internal or external, are conducted with satisfactory results.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Previous in-depth experience of working and managing people within a Transport environment.
• Experience of working in a unionised environment.
• Working knowledge of disciplinary and absence procedures.
• Experience of handling multiple or complex issues under pressure.
• Experience of building customer confidence through demonstrating a knowledge of the operation.
• Must have a working understanding of legal requirements for transport operations.
• An effective time planner with the ability to balance workloads and work to deadlines whilst demonstrating commercial awareness.
• Possess the ability to form strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers by demonstrating a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Our commitment to our workforce is second to none, and with 18 years’ dedicated to the transport and logistics sector we know we have the perfect role for you. Whether you are looking for HGV C+E, HGV C, 7.5t, Van, Warehouse, or Administration work we have opportunities to suit everyone with key accounts at blue chip distribution companies, leading supermarkets, and national hauliers. Operating nationally seven days a week 24 hours a day there’s no reason to delay joining our winning team.
Contact us now on 01788 494 050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website for more vacancies h-g-recruitment.com
H&G are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and will never charge a fee for our work finding solutions.