Senior Transport Scheduler / Transport Planner
- Full Time
- Recruiter: H&G Recruitment
- Date Posted: 2020-04-01
- Date Expired: 2020-02-22
Job Reference: ROMHYPTSjan
H&G are currently recruiting a Senior Transport Scheduler / Transport Planner for a blue-chip client, based out of their new depot in Haydock.
Our successful candidate will work as a senior member of the National Planning team – reporting into the Scheduling Supervisor; to provide centrally scheduled routes for a network of eight transport depots using dedicated Paragon software.
You will make key strategic decisions based on analysis of the network. You will work to resource plan and model effectively and should have a good working knowledge of the HDS network. Suitable candidates will have strong communication ad influencing skills, as you will be required to develop relationships with the wider network of outbase managers, in order to achieve the most efficient result for the entire network.
- Produce daily transport schedules for the HDS Network
- Liaise and direct the resource around the network to provide the optimum service.
- Maintain and manage the scheduling data in the transport system using data gathered from Depots
- Update reports and KPIs
- Build relationships within the wider business operation
- Analyse the network sourcing opportunities for continuous improvement
- Lead on implementation of new business
- Provide analytical data/reports with recommendations and solutions
- Support and also lead projects within the wider business.
- Expert understanding of the HDS network
- Expert in Paragon and super-user
Qualifications / Experience
- Reliable, responsible and punctual
- IT competent.
- Ability to work effectively as a senior member of a small team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Ability to quickly assess and process large volumes of data, with an aptitude for fitting things together visually and numerically
- Previous experience of networked environments and routing software
- Previous experience of home delivery networks
- TMS or other transport management systems
- Understanding of continuous improvement or LEAN principles
- Presentation skills using power point
- Ability to lead and develop
- Annual Salary circa £24k + Benefits
If this sounds like the job for you don’t delay in applying. Call us on 01706 298100 or email your interest & details/CV to RochdalePlanning@h-g-recruitment.com or apply online at www.h-g-recruitment .com
H&G Recruitment are one of the country’s fastest growing and leading logistics recruitment experts in the supply chain, we have large key account contracts with some of the largest blue chip distribution companies, national hauliers and supermarket chains in the country. Since 2003 H&G Recruitment have offered a caring and considerate service to their workforce; come and be part of our winning team – so why delay APPLY today!