Regional General Manager Multisite Location
- Full Time
- Multisite inc Cheshire Derbyshire Warwickshire
- Recruiter: H&G Recruitment
- Date Posted: 2022-08-05
- Date Expired: 2022-09-04
Job Reference: SRRGMaug
Regional General Manager
Salary and benefits
Up to £85,000 per annum, plus car / car allowance, 33 days holiday, pension, private healthcare, life assurance, employee assistance programme, wellbeing support, and flexible benefits scheme.
40 hours per week.
Our prestigious expanding client has a great opportunity for a Regional General Manager (within a high-profile national health sector contract), for their Normanton, Runcorn, Alfreton and Rugby sites. The successful candidate will be accountable for the performance, development and service delivery through the warehouse site General Managers. You will be accountable for multi-site operational performance through cost, delivery, people, quality, continuous improvement, environmental, safety, compliance and customer engagement key performance indicators as specified by the Operations Director across your region.
- Define and establish working relationships across functions such as Transport, Customer, Services, Stock, Health and Safety, Inventory Management, Compliance, HR and Finance, ensuring that clear and efficient cross function operational processes are defined and drive accountability and compliance to them.
- Manage through a balanced scorecard approach. You will support and bring to life the 5 Unipart Systems of Customer Engagement, Employee Engagement, Operational Excellence, Organisational Capability and Innovation, helping to embed learning and development strategies and establishing / sustaining systems of work to make each system a reality that can be understood by all.
- Support the operational performance and development of your direct reports across inbound and outbound processing, warehouse management, distribution management, quality management, stock integrity and compliance (including GDP).
- Take accountability for audit success and compliance across your direct team, supporting internal and external audit delivery, reviewing and signing off associated action plan delivery across your sites and region.
- Coach, develop and hold your direct reports to account for the delivery of their operating budgets, instilling confidence and compliance to financial control, with an on-going focus on efficiency and financial improvement.
- Support the Commercial and Transformation teams in growing the customer account through strategic input into tender processes for additional operational and capital investment projects, as well as involvement in RFQ responses for new business.
- Drive a culture of employee engagement, championing employee voice through local and regional employee recognition, supporting employee engagement through commitment to Employee Forums, Trade Unison Partnership and the delivery of world-class employee engagement levels through Engagement and Pulse check surveys across your region.
- Support the delivery and implementation of your regions medium and long term resource plans, taking into account local and national market challenges, tracking fulfilment and quality measures, and ensuring customer demand and business plans are met.
The below skills are desirable but please apply if you think you’d be able to perform well in this role!
Proven experience of operating, engaging and influencing external and internal stakeholders effectively at an executive level.
- Ability to support and direct multiple large teams of circa 150 employees at each site, to deliver the required standards and performance.
- Regional input and accountability for P and L of multiple warehouses.
- Proven ability to define, plan, manage and sustain both Organisation and operational change projects.
- Resilience in ability to work under pressure in a challenging and constantly changing environment, evidenced by previous experience in a fast changing, volume driven working and customer environment.
- Commercial acumen to understand, challenge and manage financial decision making.
- Clear leadership skills, to inspire with energy and passion within and across Senior Leaders and their teams.
- Proven successful commercial negotiation experience with suppliers.
- Knowledge and accountability of the obligations under GDP legislation.
For further information please contact Samantha Rowney (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out about our prestigious client and how you can apply for a career with national leading client.
Please send your CV in the first instance, this an opportunity not to be missed.