Night Transport Team Leader
- Full Time
- Temporary (On Going)
- Recruiter: H&G Recruitment
- Date Posted: 2022-04-13
- Date Expired: 2022-05-13
Job Reference: SOAMTLapr
Nights Transport Team Leader-Immediate starts and Excellent rates of pay
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, you are responsible for running the daily depot operations by leading, motivating, & developing the driver team members; You will ensure that products are safely loaded and delivered as ordered, whilst maintaining a low cost base, legal compliance and company standards.this is a temp-perm opportunity for the right candidate. You will be required to work on a 4 on 4 off rota of 12 hours shifts 18:00-06:00
Rates of Pay
- Standard £18.00 PAYE £31.61 Umbrella.
- Overtime £27.76 PAYE £31.61 Umbrella
Day to Day duties
- •Ensure all driver members are aware of and complying with environmental, health and safety, legal and company standards and requirements and that all drivers operate in compliance with them.
- •Ensure optimal labour utilisation, by making best use of the company drivers and agency’s when needed.
- •Ensure that any service issues arising are addressed promptly and where appropriate, escalated.
- •Work closely with our VMU to ensure maximum fleet availability (HGV/FLT) and legal compliance
- •Build and develop effective relationships with other teams on site to ensure cross functional working and the optimal performance of the function is achieved.
- •Ensure all admin is completed in time with financial calendar.
- •Maintain driver compliance
- •Create and maintain this and next weeks bagged traffic plan.
- •Liase with customer services to ensure customers standards are met.
- •Ensure all contractor vehicles comply with the site rules and procedures
In return for your commitment
Earn £18.00 – £31.61 per hour (PAYE/Umbrella)
- Regular work and job security
- Excellent rates of pay
- Pension scheme
- Sick pay
- Annual Leave
- Free DCPC training*
- Recommend a friend bonuses*
The ideal person to join our team will have
HGV C+E Class 1- not essential
- 1 years relevant experience within transport- office based
- A good understanding of Drivers hours, regulations, and Working time directive
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Customer focused attitude
- Previous experience with operating a Weighbridge
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Our commitment to our workforce is second to none, and with 18 years’ dedicated to the transport and logistics sector we know we have the perfect role for you. Whether you are looking for HGV C+E, HGV C, 7.5t, Van, Warehouse, or Administration work we have opportunities to suit everyone with key accounts at blue chip distribution companies, leading supermarkets, and national hauliers. Operating nationally seven days a week 24 hours a day there’s no reason to delay joining our winning team.
Contact us now on 01707636680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website for more vacancies h-g-recruitment.com
H&G are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and will never charge a fee for our work finding solutions.