HGV Class 2 C Drivers
- Full Time
- Recruiter: H&G Recruitment
- Date Posted: 2019-10-16
Job Reference: SRMVBEDC2Jun
Class 2 Drivers needed for PERMANENT role!
We are recruiting for HGV Class 2 C drivers (including newly qualified drivers) who have no more than 6 points for minor speeding or parking offences in the Bedford area for clean, permanent work!!
Our client has a fantastic, friendly culture that thrives on teamwork, and they offer great benefits such as free, on-site parking, pension,
We are seeking permanent, full time Class 2 Drivers to join our clients Transport team based at their Luton Hub. The hours of work are 45 hours per week (additional hours may be available). Shift times will vary in between the hours of 06:00 – 08:00, Monday to Friday. There may also be some weekend work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Our clients Drivers are the face of the company and they play an integral role in delivering excellent service to their customers every day. They are looking for a professional, self-motivated individual who can work effectively within a team and on their own initiative. Reporting to the Fleet Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring that you comply with all EU and DVSA regulations and H&S procedures and that the vehicle is in a safe and serviceable condition. Complying with working time directive and Drivers hours and regulations.
• Working to specified run list provided, complete collections and deliveries to plan.
• Provision of excellent customer service, displaying a professional attitude and behaviour to customers and staff at all times.
• Transportation and the safe delivery of Company and Customers products.
• Ensuring that all deliveries and collections are completed on time to meet all deadlines.
• Complying with local legislative requirements and Company policies & procedures.
• Represent the Company in a professional manner. • Work as a team with other Transport Drivers.
• Ensure that all vehicle Pre-Operational checks are completed to a very high standard before driving.
• Always practice and promote teamwork, setting an example of attitude and performance.
• Continuously exhibiting courteous and polite communication with all Secured Mail employees and customers.
• Ensure that all paperwork is completed clearly and submitted to the Transport Dept. at the end of each shift.
• Perform Manual Handling in a safe manner to avoid harm.
• Report all defects immediately, once noticed.
• Maintain regular contact with the Transport Dept. particularly if there is a problem during your run.
• Secure loads effectively and ensure loads are within the weight limits.
• Comply with appropriate working time legislation.
We Are Looking For Class 2 C Drivers, with a sound knowledge of Road Transport Legislation. Class 2 C Drivers should be able to understand the Company’s Health & Safety procedures delivered in English, and you should be diligent with a keen eye for detail, ensuring that everyone complies with the Company’s Health & Safety policy at all times.
• We will accept newly qualified class 2 drivers
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Some regulated driving experience.
• Full knowledge and compliance of Road Transport Legislation.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• HGV Driving Experience.
Our Client offers:
• Maximised earning potential on £10.60 – £13.00 per hour
• Overtime if requested
• Permanent contracts for job security
• Different Rota patterns
• Job security
• Genuine bonus and reward schemes
• Free DCPC Courses (conditions apply)
• Recommend a friend bonus (T&C’s)
• Free uniform (T&C’s)
If this sounds like the job for you don’t delay in applying. Call 01707663680 opt 2 or email your interest & details/CV to samantha @h-g-recruitment. com or apply online at www.h-g-recruitment .com H&G Recruitment are one of the country’s fastest growing and leading logistic HGV C+E Class 1, C Class 2 driver and industrial recruitment experts in the supply chain, we have large key account contracts with some of the largest blue chip distribution companies, national hauliers and supermarket chains in the country. Since 2003 H&G Recruitment have offered a caring and considerate service to their workforce; come and be part of our winning team – so why delay APPLY today