Central Logistics Manager
- Full Time
- Recruiter: H&G Recruitment
- Date Posted: 2018-10-19
- Date Expired: 2018-11-18
Job Reference: RSWLMoct
Central Logistics Manager
This newly created role will be responsible for managing the UK logistics network working from sites at Woodville, Manchester and Rochester. To achieve agreed volumes, revenues/profit margins and control operating costs. To provide the best possible customer service within budgetary and operational constraints.
Salary £55 – £60 k dependant on experience
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following key responsibilities –
- Managing a UK wide multi-site logistics network.
- Reviewing and developing processes and systems, integrating staff into the new central logistics hub, ensuring all areas are always running as effectively as possible
- Managing and developing the Logistics operations at the 3 Depots.
- Ensuring safe and legal compliance and manage/resolve risk
- Managing primary and secondary transport movements, maximising fleet utilisation and backloads.
- Maintaining and leading the logistics strategy and working with managers across the Swain Group, including our in-house sub-contracting team.
- Providing innovative short and long term solutions to operational challenges.
- Accountable for profit and loss performance, maintaining and managing costs.
- Monitoring performance against budget and KPI’s and taking appropriate correct actions.
- Lead from the front, motivating the team to ensure customer service and financial target are met.
- Workforce management and team development.
- Key account management and development
- International CPC
- Strong operational management experience with a curtain sided Logistics fleet of 70+ vehicles, based at more than one location, ideally in FMCG and Retailer
- Profit & Loss ownership and accountability.
- Experience of managing and developing a large team within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and people management skills
- Customer and service focused, with excellent key account management skills
- Goal orientated team player, able to work collaboratively with all business functions.
- Strong analytical and stakeholder management skills
- Degree educated
- Sales customer service background
- Strong technical knowledge relevant to the logistics and transport sector
If you feel that you are up for a challenge and this sounds like the perfect career progression for you please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, apply online or call Adele NOW on 01707 636680 (option 2)
H&G Recruitment are one of the country`s fastest growing and leading logistic and HGV C+E Class 1, C Class 2 driver, industrial and office administration recruitment experts in the supply chain, we have large key account contracts with some of the largest blue chip distribution companies, national hauliers and supermarket chains in the country. Since 2003 H&G Recruitment have offered a caring and considerate service to their workforce; come and be part of our winning team – so why delay APPLY today