- Full Time
- St Albans
- Recruiter: H&G Recruitment
- Date Posted: 2022-03-07
- Date Expired: 2022-04-06
Job Reference: HOACASMar22
Supporting our Management Accountant This is an excellent opportunity for an AAT accounts assistant offering the right candidate the
opportunity to progress and gain experience in all aspects of the Management Accounts. Based at our Head Office in St Albans
This would suit a proactive individual who has a keen eye for detail and a passion for a job well done. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to learn key skills and advance their knowledge.
Salary £25,000 to £28,000 dependant on experience
Monday 07:00 – 16:30
Tuesday 08:00 -17:30
Wednesday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30
- All purchase Ledger duties including processing Invoices/Payments/Statement Reconciliation
- Purchase Ledger – obtain authorisation from the appropriate person for all purchase invoices
- Where any discrepancies or issues arise with sales and purchase invoices, raise this with the Management Accountant in order that a timely resolution can be identified.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- General Ledger Analysis
- Monthly & Year-End Accounts
- Ensure the Trial Balance is up to date at each month end and prepare relevant reports for review by the Management Accountant and / or the Finance Director.
- Preparing the monthly bank reconciliation for review by the Management Accountant.
- Assist the Management Accountant in preparing the Year-End audit file to ensure that all information is ready and available in time for the statutory audit.
- Credit Control
- Setting up new clients with the bank and checking client’s credit ratings with the bank
- Issuing of client invoices on a weekly basis with the correct PO where required
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and client payments
- Ensure client’s invoices are clear for payment
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to Sage
- Providing accounts information to internal departments and producing reports on overdue debt
- Reconciliation of bank and invoice finance accounts
- Weekly reporting on missing PO’s
- Maintaining produce notes and relevant contacts for accounts, credit control, and finance departments
- Credit Card & Petty Cash reconciliation
- Responsibility for petty cash including maintenance of petty cash records and completion of a cash reconciliation at each month end.
- Banking of cheques & cash received in the offices
- Reconciliation of the credit card account.
- AAT qualified or similar
- A good working knowledge of Excel
- Self-Motivated & well organised
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High integrity and objectivity
- Analytically Strong
- Common Sense
- Experience of Sage and Xero
- Experience within a payroll department
- Experience of VAT (UK)
Key performance Indicators
- Auditable trail of credit control
- Ensuring the audit trail is proficient for end of year
- Weekly and monthly reports completed on time
- Aged debtor does not exceed the following KPI
Please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com
H&G Recruitment, celebrating 18years of successful trading, are one of the country`s fastest growing and leading logistic HGV C+E Class 1, C Class 2 driver and industrial recruitment experts in the supply chain, we have large key account contracts with some of the largest blue chip distribution companies, national hauliers and supermarket chains in the country. Since 2003 H&G Recruitment have offered a caring and considerate service to their workforce; come and be part of our winning team – so why delay APPLY today